Monday, February 24, 2014

Application for Writers (in the Philippine Time Zone)



Application for Writers (in the Philippine Time Zone)

Writers (in the Philippine Time Zone)
Hourly - Est. Time 3 to 6 months, As needed - Less than 10 hrs/week - Posted 6 hours ago
Entry Level ($) - I am looking for freelancers with the lowest rates
Job Description
Hi,
We are looking for Writers in the Philippine Time Zone. Typical task includes writing, editing and proofreading text. Subjects will range from Philosophy / Personal Reflection, Product / Service Review, Health & Fitness.
Requirements:
• Excellent command of English, both written and oral
• Reliable internet connection, phone service and web cam for conferencing
• Creative flair and originality
• Awareness of audience
• Ability to accept criticism and use it in a constructive way
• Knows Wordpress and SEO-backlinking
• Has a portfolio
• Can work without supervision
• Reliable, detail oriented, extremely organized, responsive to calls, emails and prompts, and can meet tight deadlines
Thanks!
Skills Required article-writing seo-backlinking wordpress


Cover


I am a writer in the Philippine Time Zone and I can write on Philosophy/Personal Reflection, Product/Service Review, Health & Fitness topics.

Here are my responses to address the job requirements.
• Excellent command of English, both written and oral
I would not not associate excellent as a word for my English writing and speaking ability but I have done pretty good so far. My work history and happy clients are proof of that.
• Reliable internet connection, phone service and web cam for conferencing
I would say that my internet service is fairly reliable. I have phone service but I prefer to use Skype.
• Creative flair and originality
Creativity is such a subjective term and I don't think I can quantify it but as for originality, I can say that I do not plagiarize.
• Awareness of audience
I write not for myself but for the prospected readers.
• Ability to accept criticism and use it in a constructive way
You will not be able to please everyone and that includes the boss. You don't like it, I will try to make it better according to the criticisms that are laid out. It is my job to do it the way you want it.
• Knows Wordpress and SEO-backlinking
Wordpress is simple as long as there are no design tasks, I'll be OK. Basic uploads are not a problem. SEO-backlinking is something that I have done but the tasks I have performed for various SEO gurus are compartmentalized.
• Has a portfolio
Check it out at https://www.odesk.com/users/~01f1bab60d773ddcb3.
• Can work without supervision
I prefer to work on a set of rules and go about it without someone looking over my shoulder.
• Reliable, detail oriented, extremely organized, responsive to calls, emails and prompts, and can meet tight deadlines
I am all that but a guarantee on tight deadlines is out of the question. However, a reasonable deadline will always be met.

Please check out some samples at http://normansodeskblog.blogspot.com/, http://prepper-pupil.blogspot.com/, http://greatfoodfinds.blogspot.com/ and http://odesk-writing-samples.blogspot.com/.
500 words = 1 oDesk hour = $6.67 (with oDesk fee)
If you find that I am capable, I can start ASAP.
Thanks,
Norman


Additional Questions

What is your passion? Do you have other skill sets you would like to talk about?

Passions change and right now, I can say that it is probably writing, since it consumes a lot of my time, but I would say that service to my family is a passion that will never die. It is good thing though that I can do my writing in service to my family.
SKILL SETS, yes I did write that in all caps, I did that to highlight that I have many but a jack of all trades like me has few skill sets that are at the expert level, perhaps in my case that is due to the compartmentalized way I have been dealt tasks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment